Do you love sports? Are you already involved in the exciting sports scene at Trent? Do you want to be?
We are looking for a dedicated sports reporter that is familiar with sports writing to become a part of our team!
You will be responsible for contributing sports content for the newspaper every week. Your articles must be original work, and they must be handed in on time. You need to have a good understanding of the sports you are covering, as well as knowing how to write sports articles. We want you to have a clear vision of how you would like to cover Trent sports.
Covering a story may include:
– audio/visual/video aids
– persistent attempts at retrieving information
– attendance at games
– developing a list of contacts
– Knowledge of sports and sports writing
– Ability to meet strict deadlines
– Ability to collect and organize information
– Ability to work effectively with fellow staff collective and editors
– Maintain regular contact with editors in regards to your work
– Maintain regular contact with coaches, players, Athletics Department, etc.
– Background in writing is an asset
Along with your resume, send us a cover letter detailing how you would like to cover Trent sports and any ideas you might have. We also require a writing sample as part of the application. We strongly recommend that you volunteer for us prior to the application deadline (a volunteer submission can count as your writing sample). The deadline is September 13.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be an OSAP recipient. This is a TWSP-funded position, and we’re very sorry if this prevents you from applying. We’d love to be able to hire anyone, but we’re on a strict budget and rely on this funding. If you are not a TWSP student, you could still get involved by volunteering whenever you want to.
This position pays $10.65/hr for 7.5 hours per week.